Part Time Vintage Furniture Associate
SPARKLEBARN is opening its doors in February as one of Ballard’s newest vintage furniture stores. We have been proudly curating Scandinavian mid-century furnishings and Pacific Northwest artifacts in Seattle since 2011 and are thrilled to be moving into a beautifully renovated, light-filled showroom next door to the National Nordic Museum. We are now ready to hire a part-time associate to help operate the store, build our digital brand, and grow with us.
- Help clients find the perfect furnishings to compliment their homes and accessorize their lives.
- Open, operate and close the store during retail shifts. Initial work schedule will be Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and likely Thursdays and Fridays from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Hours may expand as we grow and flexibility with hours is a bonus.
- Help create and curate a strong online brand by sharing merchandise and content on our social media channels.
- Partner and communicate with vendors, clients, movers and other contacts to create a positive customer experience.
- Maintain the showroom inventory and keep it looking clean and inspiring.
- Assist with moving furniture between the showroom, workshop and vehicles.
Who you are:
- Interested in aesthetics, art, design and particularly timeless, modern mid-century furnishings.
- Retail experience and references.
- Enjoy talking with people in a way that is useful, helpful, informative and not pushy.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic photography skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starting, innovative and eager to learn.
Please send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
SPARKLEBARN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all ages, races, religions, abilities, gender identities and sexual orientations to apply.